Please vote for us!
- Sarah Faith's
Courtship Rings is a published email list moderated by Sarah
Faith Schlissel. Sarah also has an article, from the October 1995
issue of Focus on the Family Magazine, entitled Dating
in the Nineties: Courtship makes a comeback, by Jim and Anne
Dating Dilemma Home Page provides a number of resources including an
article on Emotional
- Jonathan Lindvall, of Bold
Christian Living runs seminars on relationships and the family,
including betrothal. Read Comparisons
of Dating, Courtship, and Scriptural Betrothal for a brief
outline of the terms used by many of the articles on this page. The
following four articles constitue the basis of his new book, God's
Design for Youthful Romance:
- Joshua Harris has written an number of articles on courtship, as
published in New Attitude magazine, including:
- The Sisters in Christ
have a number of articles on Courtship:
- Jay Lang's list of resources on Dating
and Courtship has a large list of printed resources, some other WWW
sites, and an article by him, Dating?.
- Brian Shilhavy has a bunch of links at courtship
and betrothal in his site on The American Family.
- Avoiding Courtship
Horror Stories by Douglas Wilson
- Courtship: A Love Story
by Jennie Ethell Chancey
- Mike Mackey has some articles discussing Christian
courtship, including FAQs,
Ryun and The
Courtship Bulletin Board a place for courting families and
individuals to leave messages, ask questions, make comments, etc. It has
a number of solid answers to questions.
- WHAT IS
COURTSHIP AND WHEN AM I READY FOR IT? published by Fairfax
Covenant Church, 5200 Ox Road, Fairfax, Va.
- Steve and Aubrey Weese have written Our
Story, the story of their Internet courtship.
- Aubrey Weese (nee O'Fallon)
has written an article on Courtship
- Don MacIntyre has written an article, Dating
vs. Courtship: The real issue is commitment.
- Cameron Tully discusses his journey about courtship in Raising
Expectations, as published in Welcome
- Another success story of courtship, Jennifer's
- The Balaam's Ass
Speaks journal has published three articles, Why
Not Dating?, Courtship
and marriage of your kids and The
Virtue Of Waiting. A new series is under development Finding
A Spouse God's Way by Mary VanNattan.
- Eric J. Blievernicht's Guide
to Christian Courtship, including The
Modern Courtship Process
- Randy Booth has a tape set The
Covenant Household includes a tape RB157 which has Courtship
Parental Responsibility and Authority (side 1) Courtship
Covenantal and Sexual Relationship (side 2).
- Kimberly Hahn has a 4-tapes series on Dating
and Courtship: A Catholic Perspective, #5244 (4 audio tapes),
- Michael Farris has a series of articles on courtship as broadcast on Home
- The Chalcedon Report has a whole issue devoted to courtship, May
1998, including the following articles:
- Ellen G. White on courtship
- Patriarch magazine has published several articles on
'Courtship, Betrothal, Marriage & Babies', including:
- Bethany Patchin has designed the beautiful The
Burning Candle, aptly named a 'sight', not just a site!
Enterprises sell courtship books, including all of Eric and Leslie's
products. Shannon also has a list of courtship
resources, including an article on dating
- Stacie has an article on Courtship
vs. dating that won a competition.
- Rebecca St. James talks a little about relationships in this article
from Campus Life.
- Allen and Martha Ruppert write about Relating
Without Dating in their upcoming book.
- Gary Good writes about courtship
in The Missing Link's Teen Discussion Corner.
- David Lowry has an article on Biblical
Standards for Choosing a Mate.
- See also the Courtship
- Reb Bradley
of Family Ministries has
a number of his
own resources, including a booklet Dating: Is it Worth the Risk?,
excerpted from his book, Effective Parenting of Teens. It
develops concepts of courtship from the dating perspective. Family
Ministries also distributes some of the other resources on this
- Dating vs. Courtship by Paul Jehle is the most complete,
principle-based and Biblical book I have seen on this subject so far. I
highly recommend it. This is the textbook for Pastor Lon's CLST course
- Pastor Craig Lotze has a tape series on Courtship and
another Restoring The Foundation of Purity Its available
through Victory Faith
Fellowship (see GMF
for postal details). I have them on order but expect them to be
excellent, having heard Pastor Craig teach :-)
- The Courtship Connection
sell most of the books on this page as well as a number of tapes and
other courtship materials, most at the lowest prices (Paul Jehle's for
$9). Their catalogue includes:
- God's Plan for Finding a Mate - Dating? Courting? Betrothing?
by Dr. S. M. Davis
- Courtship and Dating: A Biblical Analysis by Angela
- Of Knights and Fair Maidens by Jeff and Danielle Myers
- (Audio) How Betrothing Worked for Us: Testimony of Dennis and
Lisa Moravek with Dr. S. M. Davis, subtitled: How God
clearly led their parents to help them find their mates!
- (Fiction) The Courtship of Sarah McLean by Mr. and Mrs.
- (Fiction) Waiting for Her Isaac by Mr. and Mrs. Stephen
- (Fiction) The
Master's Weaving by Karen Wilt
Distributors sell Paul Jehle's book as well as other courtship
- In Basic Digest--Relating Without Dating Newsletter RR. 1,
Box 58, Hillsboro. IL 62409 (Christian/teen courting)
- Families, Dating and the Bible by Earl and Diane Rodd,
6044 Pine Creek Street, N.W., N. Canton, Ohio 44720, $1.00 plus
- The Home Life Ministries - Online
Catalogue contains a number of tapes teaching on courtship.
- Other assorted resources and articles:
ChristianFilms.com has a review
Prayer, a non-dating movie, with viewer's
story and interviews
with the cast.
Purity, a group of teens who have committed to remain sexually pure
throughout their life.
- Ruth is by far the greatest example of courtship in the Bible. This
article looks promising: Ruth,
The Story of Right Woman
- Sexual Purity: Beyond
Legalism is an excellent article on the general principles we should
follow in relationships, instead of legalistic rules.
- Heather Rudder's Courtship
vs. Dating page
- Naomi Banta's I
Don't Date, Really I Don't
- Jahleel's The
Biblical Standard for Courtship
- ADSoeurt's Courtship:
Growing Up God's Way
Guys Look at Relationships, by three guys wise enough to
question today's model of relationships.
- Young Women Stepping
Heavenward provides resources for young Christian women who want to
- Describing the gift of chastity
-- do you have it?
- Christian Courtship
Butterflies, and B Chords
- Hope's Love
Online -- Courtship, Birth of Dating gives a historical overview
from a secular perspective.
- The Future of
Love -- Utne cover section provides a brief historical overview
of courtship and dating through history from a secular point of view.
- Dating and courtship from a Mormon
perspective (Yes, I do believe Mormonism is deception and a twisted
version of Christianity, but they do follow some biblical principles).
- Another worldly perspective -- but it might make a good start for
dads! :) Dating Application